Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Cannot Believe My Eyes

I regret to say that the model is not yet anchored to the wall for display. However, that is the next step. OPUS 1 IS 99.99% COMPLETE!!!! Let me explain...

First, the molding needed to be finished, glued and touched up.....check!
Second, all the parts needed to be screwed together to make it easy to assemble.....check!

Mounting screws holding the Ruckpositiv to the shelf



The only thing that I ran into is how to attach the Oberwerk to the console base? Last time I wrote about this, I would be gluing it after everything was assembled. However, if I ever have to take the model apart to transport, it will be very hard to remove that mid section if the Oberwerk was attached permanently. A solution...straps.



Yes, four straps (two on each side) will be screwed into the console base and the Oberwerk in order to better secure the Oberwerk without permanently fixing it in place. These will be put in place next weekend when the organ is mounted to the wall.

SO, at the end of the day, it was a family effort to set up a table to put ALL the pieces together. Taking a picture with the model laying down required a latter, but I managed to get some interesting shots. With that, I leave you a series of those photos.

Opus 1

Weird shot...yes, it's been rotated a few times.





Tune in next week for my final post for Opus 1! At the same time, you will find out the plans for Opus 2! Things are moving in the right direction! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment