Sunday, March 24, 2013

It's Raining! It's Pouring! This Model is Never Boring!

Yes, there was quite a bit of rain today which prevented me from completing all that I wanted to get done. At any rate, progress was made, albeit minimal. The general construction of the Ruckpositiv box is now complete. All the "flat" pipes have been painted.


I created the "V-shaped" pipe support and went ahead and glued them in place. They are now ready to be sealed, primed and painted.


At this point, the box can be painted. I'll need to start drawing up some pipe shades and cutting them out. As far as the molding, I have enough of the small molding to finish the model. Unfortunately, and just my luck, I do not have enough of the large molding. I'll send out for that sometime this week.


In regards to the shelf, I plan on purchasing those components next weekend. I do intend on staining the shelf along with the corbels that will be used to hold the shelf to the wall. At this rate, completion of Opus 1 is looking like the beginning of May, which is exactly how I planned it! Let's hope I can keep my own "deadline."

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment