Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gaudete - Rejoice!

Indeed we must all rejoice! Christmas is just around the corner and so much has been completed on this project. I admit, I was not all "gung-ho" this weekend when it came to Opus 1 when compared to past weekends. Still, progress was made.

This weekend's progress involved painting the Hauptwerk sections 1 and 3. This includes the box as well as their respected pipes. There are some issues with section 2 that I need to take care of some other time. However, I glued those pipes together. Seen below are the finished pipes for sections 1 and 3. You may need to turn you head 180º for this picture...they were drying when I took the picture.



The center pipes which fit into section 3 were the thorn in my side last weekend. Thankfully, the base which they fit into and keep their shape fits snug into its case. This will help straighten this pipes out.

Hauptwerk Division

That's pretty much the extent of this weekend's work. I now end with some pictures. Below, you'll see one of the angels placed around the area where it will be located. It's just to give us all an idea what these angle would look like on the model.




The following photos are just me having fun with some of my favorite TV characters. All this silliness will, hopefully, culminate into a movie. If time permits and all goes well, I will put together a film of the entire design and construction of Opus 1. The fun (and difficult) part is that it will be shot in front of a green screen. I can then place myself and other characters within the model. So, yes, all this siliness doe shave some sort of purpose.

His Grace (the Pope from Family Guy) came to see the progress of Opus 1. He met with it's curator, Prof. Hubert James Farnsworth (from Futurama).

Oh my, you are much bigger in person!

His Grace was pleased with it's construction and looked forward to it's prospective completion date, which should be around the beginning of March 2013. He will be present to give the organ it's blessing.






Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice! 
(Phil 4:4 RSV)

No comments:

Post a Comment