Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and All That Jazz

After a nice two week break away from this project due to Christmas and New Years celebrations, I'm back at it. Surveying the project, I see I still have much more to do, though recognize the great progress within the past few months. There are a few changes that I might make. All will be reveled as time goes on and I come to a decision.

I focused my attention on the Hauptwerk today. The pipes for Section 1 are in place and fit well next to Section 3.



I also decided to scrap Section 2 completely instead of trying to modifying them due to some poor measurement. As I started to cut the new parts and comparing it to the existing section, I realized that I did a very poor job of putting that section together and did not think ahead with how the pipes will fit inside. Both new Section 2's are assembled. I need to sand the sides flat, as one of the supports were put an an angle and now stick out. The pipes are currently in the process of being sealed and painted.



A rough assembly of the Hauptwerk division

A new year is upon us, which means new challenges as well as new opportunities. This model alone brought new challenges for me as well as an opportunity for both my creative and technical side to work side by side. Again, I thank all of you who continue to monitor my progress. Please do not hesitate to leave comments on these posts. Until next time!

Opus 1 - About 80% Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment