Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Shades are Up!

I dedicated this weekend to just one aspect of the model that really needed to be done...the grill work, also know as pipe shades. So, amidst some other activities this weekend, I managed to FINISH all the shades for the Oberwerk division as well as finish painting the pipes for section three Hauptwerk division.

Pipes (LT and RT) for Section 3 of the Hauptwerk Division


If I really wanted to finish all the Obwerwerk shades, I needed to design the one designated for two "pointed pipes" columns. All in all, I managed to do it all!

Top View

Side View

All that needs to be done now is to seal, prime and paint each one. I currently have applied only one coat of sealer. Throughout the week, I will finish this entire process so I can start gluing them on this weekend.

After the first coat of sealer

So, not a lot of everything, but a whole lot of something. I'm very happy to finish these and looking forward to seeing all that extra gold color amidst all the pipes. Until next time...Merry Christmas and Happy Epiphany! (Yes secular world...we still have one more week of Christmas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment