Sunday, June 9, 2013

It's Natural to have Accidents...

Now I don't mean spilling your drink, breaking a vase or wetting your bed.......but to the keyboard manuals which I worked on this weekend. First things first...

Micheal's STILL did not have any 1/16in square rods that I use for the keys and accidentals. So, I thought...what would MacGyver do? I have some 1/16 think stock. With that, I set my guard up on the table saw to, your guessed it, 1/16 of and inch and started ripping! I made more than enough for this model and for Opus 3 (which I cannot wait to unveil!) However, the problem surfaced when it came to size.

I normally cut the pieces to size with a wire snipper while the desired length it pressed up against a square. However, the snipper puts a dent in the rod. I mean, it works and give these consoles some "character." However, how can I do away with that? Well, to not beat a dead horse, it required a sharp knife, patience and about twice the time. The ends were better, however, the lengths were never quite the same. (Hence twice the time) Still, it got done and I'm pleased with how it came out. I still need to touch them up.



I was very happy when the post arrived on Saturday as the molding was finally delivered! With this, I was able to knock out the molding for the pedal towers. All I need now is some more material to make the top skins. (...and paint them, of course...)





Overall, happy with how things are coming. Opus 2 is nearing completion. However, as the next few weeks are fairly busy for me, I won't be able to devote the entire weekend to the model. However, I'm thinking by mid July, it will be finished!





Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment