Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stock

Another successful weekend. First, all the dowel stock that I have measured and cut to length has been turned down. This now comes to a grand total of 52 pipes that have been turned down and mouths have been sanded into the front of the dowel. All these pipes are ready to be sealed, primed and painted. Below are pedal pipes. The majority of the Oberwerk pipes make up the rest of that 52 total. However, there are still many that need to be cut, measured, and turned. That will be this week.

If you look closely, you can see where I sanded in the mouth of the pipe
Today, all the stock for both pedal divisions have been cut. I have a love-hate relationship with power tools. Ever since high school, I was the one who designed stuff and others would build my creation. Thankfully, I have my dad's expertise and skill to assist when it comes to the physical construction of this model. I'm learning something every step of the way.

UL: Pipe Guide - LL: Pedal Base - CTR: Sides - RT: Inside support
Both the pedal base's and the pipe guides still need to be cut to shape. However, that is all the raw stock for both pedal divisions. This project is moving right along!

No comments:

Post a Comment