Sunday, November 11, 2012

Road Block

Unfortunately, this weekend was 98% unproductive concerning the status of Opus 1. I took this weekend to relax and try and get over a nasty cough. The 2% productivity came with the design and plan for some of the grill work.

Top Center Oberwerk Grill Design - Dimensions: 3.25in x 1.75in

It took a few tries but I think I came up with some ideas. Above is the design for the top grill work for the center pipes in the Oberwerk facade. The bottom grill for those same center pipes will follow this same design but 1/2in of the bottom design has been removed. This is for the top grill to be a little longer than its corresponding bottom grill.


Small Flat Grill Pattern - Dimensions - 1in x 1in

The above pattern will be used for the 1 inch wide flat pipes. It will be angled accordingly to each box. For the wider flat pipes, I took this same design a stretched by 5/8 of an inch. For the split between the two boxes, two of these patterns will "but-up" against each other along the horizontal axis. All this may or may not make sense without a visual. Let's hope I can kick this cold 100% by next weekend and I'll be up and running to continue "The Great Organ Project!"


I feel like a great fugue. So I present Bach's Fugue in g-minor "the great" (BWV 542)

No comments:

Post a Comment