Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Results of Tryptophan

Amidst all the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and lots of pies that came with this Thanksgiving weekend, much progress with Opus 1 are sprang up! First, I decided to re-design the sides of the bench. The first design i made was based off of a template. The second and current design I made so that I did not need a pattern but just standard tools to draw out and cut. I was pleased with the result.

My hand should give you an idea of it's actual size. (1.50 x 0.75)

I finished cutting, sealing, priming and painting both grills for the center pipes of the Oberwerk division. I also started cutting a few of the grills for the flat pipes. There are still a few that need to be cut, but below is a general idea.

See the center grills below


I now leave the rest of the progress in the good hands of our tour guide for this model, Professor Hubert James Farnsworth.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! We have the bench!

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! We have the assembled keydesk with it's various stops!

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! The grills are attached to the center pipes!
BAD NEWS EVERYONE! His blasted thumb is in the picture!!

OH YES, this is a better picture of the center pipes.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! That's the end of the tour!


No comments:

Post a Comment