Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Rück!

It's all about the Rückpositiv this weekend and I'm making some good progress. I started by gluing the center section cabinet together. At the same time, I went ahead and started making the pipe support for the center pipes. They both came together nicely. The center pipes are now ready to be sealed, primed and painted.

Center Pipe Cabinet

Center Pipes

Center Unit

Next, I pieced the flat pipes together. The design is slightly different with these pipes, which will make for some interesting pipe shades.



When the center unit was complete, I was then able to take that width and make the bottom spacer. The bottom spacer will be glued between the two 3/8in thick bottom pieces. The spacer is 1/8in thick. The center unit will then be glued to this spacer, which will lift the center piece at the right height as the base. I made the base 3/8in thick this time around as the molding is that same height, which will make for easy gluing.

Two bottom pieces with the spacer in the middle

I used a different camera when trying to take the overall photo tonight. However, I didn't realize, at the time, that the quality was set much lower than mine are normally taken. Add the poor lighting and you get the picture below. It still gives you a little idea on where this is all heading.



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment