Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Details

Unfortunately, I could not accomplish what I planed to do this weekend. I had to take a time out due to a cold. However, I did manage some other digital stuff that didn't involve saw dust in my face. I needed to to design the upper grill work for the pedal division. Both of the bottom grills have been painstakingly cut...literately. My fingers are quite numb after cutting an intricate pattern into 1/64in birch pine.

Bottom Grill

The finish product for the bottom differs slightly from the above concept. As I cut the wood, there were times when I cut right through one of the flourishes. So, I had to improvise because I did NOT want  to start all over again. Thankfully, both have been cut and there are, for the most part, identical.

As for the top, I did this today in photoshop. Like the bottom, you cannot get the best idea with how it will look once cut out. Most of it are notes for me on where and where not to cut. The majority should be pretty obvious. However, this will be the pattern and you will just have to stay tuned for the result. No doubt my hand will be killing me after these two are done!

Top Grill
This part of the project is by far the most time consuming and most difficult part of the project. Then again, I have not attempted the molding. That challenge will be for next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment